The summer is upon us; soon our soothing kadhas would give way for cooling sharbats and we cannot be more excited for the transition. The blazing weather could be harsh at times, but thanks to the summer fruits and veggies, we often have a reason to smile. One of the summer essentials we cannot ever get enough of is the coconut water. Cooling and delicious, coconut water can rejuvenate and replenish us with vital electrolytes. Additionally, they are also brimming with nutrients that are hard to find in many summer coolers.
Also Read: 6 Ways To Add More Coconut To Your Diet
Here are some other benefits of coconut water you may not have known:
- Coconut water is replete with antioxidants that may help rev up your immunity naturally.
- The natural enzymes present in coconut water may help boost your gastro-intestinal health and give you a healthier tummy.
- Antioxidants in coconut water may help make your skin radiant and firm.
- As per the book Healing Foods, by DK Publishing House, coconut water procured from the immature fruit is an effective drink for restoring electrolyte balance during and after sports, which makes it a good alternative to sports drinks.
- Coconut water is low in calories and carbs, making it an ideal drink for dieters.
- Due to the presence of vitamin C, magnesium and potassium, coconut water is also very effective in lowering blood-pressure levels.
Also Read: Coconut Water Coffee – The New Refreshing Drink You Would Love To Have Every Morning
In this summer drink by renowned chef Kunal Kapur, the star ingredient is coconut water, but the drink also packs many other super ingredients that could make your summers a fare worth remembering. For instance, lemons and mint leaves, both of which are also popular summer staples and a superfood in their own right. Lemons are enriched with vitamin C that may do wonders for your skin and immunity. Mint contains an active component menthol that is good for managing digestion, nausea and bloating. Mint also packs anti-inflammatory properties, which are helpful in easing symptoms of cold, cough and headache. Mint is said to have heart-healthy properties too. The third amazing ingredient of the drink is honey. Honey is a healthy alternative to sugar; it is a treasure of antioxidants and antiviral properties. It is a natural cough suppressant. It is also sodium and fat-free. Regular consumption of honey, may lend you a gorgeously radiant skin too!
So what are you waiting for, here is the recipe of coconut, mint and lemon cooler. Try it at home and let us know how you liked it!
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.