Food and Cooking Article
Scrolling down your Instagram feed, have you ever wondered if there’s an end to which people can innovate when it comes to cooking?! The whole trend of mug recipes – that have become a rage again during the lockdown – does not cease to boggle us. The amount of things you can dish out using just a mug and microwave is truly astounding, and a lazy cook’s dream come true! Don’t believe us, how about you try making this cheese pizza in a mug? Yes you heard us! Not just brownies and muffins, you can also rustle up a savoury fare of pizzas and pasta in a mug – that too in a matter of minutes. So what are you waiting for? Grab your microwave safe mug and get started. You can always tweak a few ingredients here and customize it as per your liking.
(Also Read: 6 Brilliant Mug Recipes for a Lazy Day)
For the base:
- 4 Tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 1/8 Tsp Baking Powder
- A Pinch of Baking Soda
- A Pinch Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil Or Vegetable Oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons Milk
For the topping:
- 1 Tablespoon Pizza Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (or more! one should never be stingy with cheese)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp red chilly flakes
- 5-6 small slices of black olives (If you don’t have olives, you can use bellpeppers or mushrooms or any topping of your choice)
Recipe: How To Make Pizza In A Mug:
1. Take the mug and add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Give it a good mix using a fork or spoon.
2. Now add milk and oil and mix again.
3. Next goes the pizza sauce, spread it evenly the surface of the flour batter.
4. Now throw in the cheese, chilli flakes olives and sprinkle with oregano.
5. Place the cup in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until the batter rises up and you could see the topping sizzle.
If you do not want to use store-bought pizza sauce, or are unable to find it for some reason, you can make that at home too with this yummy recipe.
Try making this pizza at home and let us know how you liked it in the comments section below! Do not forget to send us pictures. Also lets us know all that you have been cooking during this lockdown and stay tuned for more such delicious and incredible recipes!
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.
This Mughlai pulao recipe spells indulgenceHighlightsPulao is a rice-based dishMughlai chicken pulao is a treat for chicken loversThis pulao comprises goodness of nuts too!Let's admit it, the moment you hear the prefix 'Mughlai' attached before any meal, you are...
Period pain can be eased with these five simple foods.HighlightsPeriod pain is a problem that plagues many womenCeleb Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar has five food recommendationsThese will help reduce pain and other period-related symptomsPeriod trouble is becoming...